November 26, 2010-present weight loss




2012 weight loss



Wednesday, March 7, 2012

March Madness

I had intended to write a wonderful post about Prague and my birthday week (I didn't intend for the celebrations to last for a week, but hey, I'm not going to say NO either), but I waited too long to do so.  Now Prague seems so distant and talking even more about my birthday a bit too silly. 

Instead, let's talk about my freaking weight.  I have had a lot of trouble maintaining Onederland.  After my low of 196.6, I am now hovering between 199.0 and 200.4.  This isn't the end of the world, but it isn't making me too happy either.  I was doing my crazy workouts (2+hours a day, 6 days a week) until Saturday.  I have been feeling a bit run down and just couldn't see myself suffering through my third spin class of the day.  So I unclipped my shoes after two classes, went to a mini-abs class instead and proceeded to come home and take a way-too-long nap on the couch (after a shower, I promise).  I am starting to regain my energy but feel that I am still dragging a bit.  Until I feel 100%, I am going to scale back on my gym routine.

My eating has been very erratic.  I was a bottomless pit for at least two weeks in February.  I was always hungry, and nothing I ate made me full.  Then on Saturday (when I was feeling run down), I had just about no appetite.  That proved to be a good thing, as my band decided to tighten up on me.  Now I am back to being loose.  VERY annoying.  I am scheduled for a fill next week and really don't know what to do.  Most of the time I feel that I could use one (0.05 maybe), but I am not sure.  I have started craving some foods that I only crave when I need a fill, so I am leaning towards visiting the wonderful Dr. K for a little liquid lovin.  I haven't had a fill since September, so it is probably time.  At the same time, Kenny and I are off to the Maldives at the end of the month and I would hate, hate, hate to be too tight.  Oh well, I have 9 days to figure it out. 

Here is my monthly comparison photo.  I might (sadly) weigh one or two pounds more than I did in the February picture.  Blah.

9 comments:

Reggie said...

HI Nora, I can definitely see the difference in your progress photos. You are toning up very nicely. I hope you are feeling better. Have fun on your next trip.

Rachel said...

You are looking great... I have been stuck between 199 and 202 for two months now. it is KILLING ME! Cant wait to hear about the maldives - its on our honeymoon list!! xxx

vickyd said...

I think there are several of us at this same point in our journeys...not sure if we need another fill or just need to get our heads in gear. For me, I think a lot of it has to do with finally feeling comfortable in my own skin and being content with where the numbers are on the scale - don't get me wrong, I want to lose those last 9 lbs but I feel good where I am and I think that is holding me back...

october 11 said...

Pound or not you look fan-fricking-tastic!! I understand the frustration though.

MandaPanda said...

You may be 1-2 lbs heavier but you LOOK thinner...you're toning up and that's a great thing!

Beth Ann said...

My workout schedule always ebbs and flows a little bit. If I try to do multiple workouts every single day, I just can't stick with it. I think it is good to mix things up for your body!

Liz said...

You still look great!!! When are you here next week?

banded bella said...

you look amazing honey...love the gift ideas.

Melissa Wolf said...

Your shape is really coming into view beautifully. You have a great figure! I had the same tough time trying to get clear of the 200 borderline zone. Just keep chipping away at it and you'll shake it loose. You're also building muscle (wish I could say the same--must exercise!) so that's a factor for the scale. You're doing GREAT Nora!