November 26, 2010-present weight loss




2012 weight loss



Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I've Been A Bad, Bad Girl

Yesterday marked our two year anniversary of living in London.  We celebrated (errr, acknowledged) this last night by having some cheese and Tokaji after dinner. 
  
 
When I took this photo, Kenny asked if I was going to title it
"My husband is trying to sabotage me"
   
It was certainly yummy in my tummy but was far from a wise diet choice.  The front cheese (in the little tub) is Vacherin Mont d'Or and is heavenly.  It is a seasonal cheese, so it is only available for a few months a year.  I baked it in the oven for 20 minutes- it was like a creamy, gooey fondue without the work of fondue.  The other cheese is Stinking Bishop, an English cheese.  I didn't overdo on the cheese and only had a piece of bread the size of a cracker, but I failed to show similar restraint when it came to the wine.   Oh well, today is another day. 
   
I haven't done a gym comparison shot since September 22, and I thought it was time to see how I am looking.  A month really isn't enough time to see results, so I figure I will keep snapping photos every 5-6 weeks.  I go home for Christmas on December 16 and hope I will be able to see a bit more progress in my mid-December photo. 
   
  
I always wear the same cut/size of Adidas shorts and Under Armour tank/bra to make the side-by-side a tad more true to reality.  Still, it is impossible to stand in the same position and hold the camera at the same angle, so this isn't the most accurate comparison.  I am (slowly) seeing a difference.  My chest has come down significantly, and legs are slimming nicely (I can see how loose the shorts are now).  My mid-section seems to be taking a bit longer to see huge results, but even it is a bit less fluffy than it had been.  I am working hard at the gym and am eating well (minus The Great Wine and Cheese Debacle of November 1, 2011), so I am excited and relieved to see that this effort is paying off!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am also finding that the stomach is the the hardest place to lose the weight. Keep at it; you look great.

banded bella said...

OMG Nora you look awesome. I can difference everywhere! Way to go.

MandaPanda said...

You can totally see the difference! You are transforming in front of our very eyes! Very clever to use a similar pose/clothes for progress pics. Wish I would've done that.

Amanda said...

You look fantastic! I mean look at the your face and thighs!

Mmm. Please, PLEASE can I eat a meal with you sometime!? Wine and Cheese my two favorite things in the world. no lie.

vickyd said...

Your pictures look terrific - I can soo the difference for sure!! As far as your celebration food - it looks amazing and I don't see anything wrong with having a celebration every once in a while.

MB said...

I can totally see the difference too. I can see it overall, and your face looks slimmer to boot. Way to go, Nora!

Cat said...

Your face is so much slimmer.
Also that cheese and bread evening sounds DEVINE!

Rhonda said...

Oh my, send me some of that cheese. LOL ;)

I can definitely see a difference, especially with how thin your face is becoming!

Cece said...

What about your face ?!! You can absolutely see the difference and you've had my fav meal: wine and chz ~

Andrea said...

Wow, you can really see the difference! Good job!

Steph said...

You look fantastic...Those pictures really show all your hard work paying off!!! :) Keep up the good work!