November 26, 2010-present weight loss




2012 weight loss



Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Say it Ain't So

I went through my normal morning routine today.  I woke up, used the bathroom and got on the scale.  Boy was that a mistake.  Up 3.4 pounds... in one day!  I know most of this is not real weight.  I have not consumed an extra 10,000 calories in the last couple of days.  Still, how demoralizing! 
      
So what have I been eating?  Yesterday I had grilled swordfish and grilled veggies for lunch with a bit of hummus.  I was out to lunch in Knightsbridge with a girlfriend, and the food was very yummy.  For dinner I had hummus with cucumbers, some tomatoes with about 80 calories of crumbled feta and a packet of soup.  I overdid on the hummus a bit, but it was the only thing I ate with any nutritional value.  I typically eat fish for dinner, but K was at a wine tasting and cooking didn't sound so appealing.  My bad day was Monday.  My girlfriend and her husband threw a little dinner party.  Her Italian mother was in town and made us fresh gnocchi for a starter.  We then had grilled sausage, rib eyes and salad... we are in England after all.  While I had the gnocchi- no seconds- and half a sausage, I only had two bites (really two bites, not like I ate half the cow and claimed it as two bites) of the steak.  My downfall was wine.  Our friends love good wine and served some bottles that paired well with our food.  Still, 3.4 pounds! 
      
Today I am meeting my husband for a quick sushi lunch in the city and will cook cod for dinner.  I have a decent amount of free time today, and I nice long walk is mandatory.  Be gone extra pounds... I have no room for you here!

13 comments:

Catherine55 said...

Don't worry -- the boing-boing-boing of the scale is something you'll get used to eventually. Just let it tip you back in favor of more conservative choices when the number is up (like you're doing with the sushi today) and you'll see a new low in no time! So great to see you on here!! :) I think I'm your first follower! :)

Nora said...

Thanks for checking in Catherine. You are indeed my first follower and so far the only person who knows about this blog. Please feel free to share- the more the merrier!

Jacquie said...

Welcome Nora! I will look forward to following you on your journey! You are certainly doing great so far!

Steph said...

Catherine said i should stop by!! You are doing great and I look forward to following your journey. I am 14 months out of surgery and I love life!! :)

MB said...

I look forward to reading your blog, fellow banditas (and lawyers) that we are! :)

I am so curious to find out how your husband landed an overseas job. I would LOVE to work overseas myself. In what sector does he work if you don't mind me asking? And do you know of anything that might be available for US attorneys there?

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to reading your blog. I am new to blogging too! I am being banded this Friday. I would love new followers too! www.hopefulbandster.blogspot.com

Alison said...

Wanted to come and say hello!
I'm in just outside of London, it's great to find bandsters in Britain!

Lap Band Gal said...

Hi! I am your latest follower...don't worry about that scale...the bounce is bound to happen now and then :)

Lee Ann said...

New follower here! I'm looking forward to watching your progress. I'm hoping to get surgery in the next month or two. :)

Red Riding Hood said...

Another new follower! I'm pre-surgery but really looking forward to it! Can't wait to hear more about your travels and your band-land.

http://littleredridingbandland.blogspot.com/

MandaPanda said...

Yeah...my scale has been bouncing around lately too. Eventually it's bound to drop, right!?!

Rachel said...

Catherine sent me...I want to lend my support to you...you are doing great!!!

Nora said...

Thanks for the support, and for giving me sooo many more blogs to check out and follow!
@Amanda- I hope you are healing comfortably. Let me know how you are doing.
@Bandita Senorita- he is in finance. He was offered a position with the company he had been with shortly after our marriage. I don't practice over here, so I can't help too much wrt jobs here. Unless you would be working in house, you would have to sit for the UK version of the bar (which I had no interest in).