November 26, 2010-present weight loss




2012 weight loss



Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Conveyor Belts of Sorts

Yesterday was a day of conveyor belts.  Kenny and I met for our monthly conveyor belt sushi lunch date in the city.  I had never noticed conveyor belt sushi in the states, but the concept is quite popular in London (keeping in line with the overall lack of service in this city).  Many of the conveyor belt joints are chains with so so quality and are not my speed, but this place has high quality, fresh fish!
 
Bad picture, but you get the idea...
 
After sushi and a quick stop at the market, I hit the gym. No swimming for me though.  I figured it was time to do a bit more than swim and started on the treadmill.  This was the first time I had set foot on the conveyor belt in at least 2.5 years.  I started with 3 minutes of walking followed by 2 minutes of jogging.  I was in minute 14 when I noticed something unsettling- my shorts were shimmying down my tush.  Despite hiking them up they continued to fall, so I walked for my last 5 minutes.  I lifted (upper body) for about 15 minutes and then finished with 30 minutes on the elliptical.  I swim for longer, but I was happy with this higher intensity workout. 
 
That's me- 30 minutes and 316 calories later:)
 
Now I finally need to buy some new gym clothes.  My 2X outfits are way too big- do I go with a 1X that will fit now but probably be super loose by the fall or find a roomier XL that might be a bit snug now but will last longer?  Decisions, decisions. 
 
Note baggy shorts and top (which make me look like I still weigh 300+ lbs)
 
 

6 comments:

Amanda said...

I've seen a few conveyor belt sushi places here but never eaten at one...

Great work out I'd say. Glad your pants didn't fall all the way down! Umm I think you should look for a few xl. just to see what your options are!

Melissa Wolf said...

Actually you look like you weigh about 195 in that photo...You look FABULOUS!! And way to go hitting the treadmill and lifting weights! I had to smile at the shorts falling down...now that's what we call a GOOD problem to have! Buy a gym outfit that fits now and that you feel great and sexy in, that's my vote!

MandaPanda said...

You look great! I'd go with comfort. You can always buy more workout clothes later. I've only had really good sushi once here in the States (but I live in AZ - so far away from fresh fish).

~*Dawn*~ said...

You look great Nora! Oh, and I recommend the elliptical - to me and doesn't tire me as much as the treadmill and you burn more calories!

Liz said...

What a great workout! It's a great idea mix it up - swim a few days, gym a few days.

I say go for the XL's. At the rate you're going, you blast through the 1X's, and be in the same boat all over again :)

Beth Ann said...

I think you look fabulous!! You absolutely do not look 300 pounds in that picture. Go for the XL's!!