November 26, 2010-present weight loss




2012 weight loss



Thursday, June 16, 2011

Body Creams

I was reading Stephanie's post on face moisturizers that are supposed to help with hydration and elasticity.  I use fancy schmancy products on my face but refuse to spend beaucoup bucks moisturizing 30 square feet of skin.  It is just too expensive.  I have been using Palmer's Cocoa Butter and Palmer's Firming Cream, as they are cheap and moisturize nicely.  I'm a bit tired of smelling like soured chocolate though, and I doubt that the firming cream is doing what it claims.  I've read decent reviews of Neutrogena's Visibly Firm Body Cream but have yet to try it. 
 
I understand that I will have loose skin as I lose weight, but I'd like to minimize this as much as possible.  Does anyone have recommendations for creams that do help with elasticity/firming?  I'm happy for all information but am especially interested in any products that have worked for women losing 100+ lbs.  Also, I've been seeing some posts/VLOGs on the reality of loose skin (and thank you for your info and honesty).  At what point do you you start to notice this?  I am still way too big to see it on me, but it is just a matter of time. 
 
On the food front, my body was craving fat yesterday.  I hadn't noticed how little fat I was eating (not on purpose), but my body did.  So yesterday I had a handful of cashews and an entire avocado in addition to my normal food intake, and man did it taste good!  Now that I am eating smaller portions and a more balanced diet, I am surprised by how my body will tell me what I need to eat.  I just need to listen to it. 
 
I had another successful swim yesterday, increasing my distance from 1600m to 2000m.  It is raining cats and dogs today, so I am less than anxious to leave my flat and hoof it to the gym.  Poor K has a corporate golf outing today- 18 holes, lunch, another 18 holes.  He hates being wet and cold, so what could have been a fun day out will probably be miserable. 
 
Happy Thursday! 

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I have heard good things about the Neutrogena's Visibly Firm Body Cream as well! Let us know if you try it!

I used to be a swimmer myself. Swam for 18 years on teams! I really want to get back in to it. I have everything ready and I just tried on my suit. Happy to say but my NON-fashionable sport suit is way to big!

Have a good day!

Christine said...

I don't know. I guess I'm lucky that after losing 100+ pounds/50% body weight and reaching my goal weight that I don't have a LOT of loose skin. I think it helped that I lost weight slowly over 2 years, and did exercise throughout that time. I don't use any skin firming lotion because I don't think that they work.

My boobs are the worst, and I'll have to get a boob lift at some point. My arms seem jiggly to me (but not in pictures, so it must be in my head) and I've got a lot of loose skin in my lower-belly and upper legs. But the skin doesn't interfere with my daily life so it's just kind of annoying more than anything. No bikinis for me, but that's okay. That wasn't my goal weight weight loss.

Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net

MB said...

Yea on upping the distance for your swim!

MandaPanda said...

I'm not sure about the creams but to be honest, I doubt any of them actually do what they say they do on any kind of permanent basis. I think if you're gonna have loose skin, you're gonna have loose skin and there's only so much you can do about it (toning). I've resigned myself to the fact that after having two kids, my stomach just isn't gonna pop back into place without plastic surgery.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if it works but there is a product (I don't know the exact name) that Avon sells. I have heard good stuff about it. I like most of their products anyway and it is not that expensive, so I will probably end up trying it.