November 26, 2010-present weight loss




2012 weight loss



Sunday, June 26, 2011

I Love NJ

NJ is at the wrong end of many jokes, and I (kind of) get it.  Between the Sopranos and Jersey Shore, the state has had some pretty bad advertising.  Still, I love my home state.
   
Today was a great day.  Mom and I went to the beach, and this was our view...
     
   
Then we went to dinner, and we started with...
   
   
Followed by...
    
   
Which looked like this by the time I was done...
    
   
All while sitting on the water here...
   
  
Yeah, I love NJ... poke fun all you want. 
   
I am happy to report that I was able to eat the clams on the half shell and the lobster.  I had to chew the lobster tail nearly to death (I think I counted about 50 chews for some bites), but it was well worth the effort. 
    
In other news, I saw Dr. K yesterday.  I have lost 9 lbs this month, so no need for a fill:) 

6 comments:

MB said...

I was able to go to the beach today too. It was just gorgeous (glad that bad weather passsed)!!! And I'm planning to go back tomorrow with another group of folks. Yea for beach days!

And awesome on the weight loss!

Melissa Wolf said...

Nora, I agree completely! We vacation on ( the less crowded/commercial parts of) the Jersey Shore every summer...and we love Jersey beaches, farm stand bounty, and people! Of course, we're originally from NYC and--though not living there now--so we're kissing cousins of Jersey folks :-)

Susan said...

Looks delicious!! And I agree too. I grew up in NJ too!

banded bella said...

I have worked in NJ numerous time ( Willingboro(yes I said Willingboro) and New Brunswick) and have enjoyed the state< due to work very little. I was unable to visit the shore and by the looks of your picture I missed a great part of NJ. I do love seafood however I havent tried much except fish since my surgery so you do give me some hope. I dont think I will be able to handle my fav which are oysters as they are nasty chewed...... oh well.
Congrats on the weight loss. I am so happy for you......

Enjoy

MandaPanda said...

Great job on 9 lbs!!

That food looks fantastic! I love fresh seafood and I love coastal areas. I grew up in SC and miss the ocean the somethin' terrible. Gotta get back that way someday...

Steph said...

That lobster looks awesome, but I have a hard time eating it these days. Congrats on the 9 lbs...