November 26, 2010-present weight loss




2012 weight loss



Thursday, June 2, 2011

Down 0.8 and Other Exciting News

After putting on the dreaded 3.4 pounds, I am finally down .8 lbs from my low.  So I am smiling, I am happy.  This has been the hardest month to lose weight so far.  I am losing, but it is a slower process.  I need to start swimming again.  I haven't been allowed in the pool due to a recent surgery and have been limited to walking.  I am doing my best to eat small portions, chew slowly and drink no less than 1.5 liters of water throughout the day, but boy am I getting hungry.  I am not a fill junkie but think I could probably use just a smidge when I see Dr. K towards the end of this month... we shall see.
    
In other news, I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of my mother this evening.  My mom is a fantastic mother, a wonderful friend and my strongest supporter.  The London move was difficult for both of us, but it was harder on her.  I am her only child, and we are extremely close.  I still have K to rely on, and she is flying solo.  I still get to see her on a monthly basis, but it is just not the same as living 45 minutes away.  Until the move, I saw her on a weekly basis. 
    
Before the wedding (March 28, 2009)
   
   
Tea at the Dorchester (Spring 2010)
    
As our Christmas present to mom, K and I gave her a week at the beach in Portugal with ME.  She and I are having a girls week together (or as my mom likes to call it, 'a mom and her kid week'), and I couldn't be happier!  We will be away from Saturday-Saturday and are staying at a lovely resort in Albufeira.  K and I spent a week here last time and really enjoyed it:)  Mom does not like taking the red eye flights, so she leaves Newark at 9am and makes it to Heathrow at 9pm.  I think she is mad to waste an entire day flying, but it works for her.  She hasn't had a proper beach vacation since she and I went to Aruba before K and I were married; it is about time that she get some R&R.  Mom likes to just lounge on a chair and read, so it will be a very chill week. 
    
I figure that I should be able to get in the pool next week and am bringing my swimsuit, goggles and cap so I can do laps at the gym.  If I am healed enough to lounge in the pool, I am healed enough to exercise in it as well (and the only reason I was banned from the pool was due to risk of infection, not risk of injury).  Before April's surgery I was swimming 2400m (about 1.5 miles) 4-5 days a week and would like to build back up to that.  My old 20W swimsuit was WAY too big, to the point that it would slide down and my girls would just about come out to visit anyone lucky enough to share my lane.  I will be trying out my slightly smaller 16W at the gym next week:)   
   
Now I am doing my grocery shopping and will roast a chicken for K tomorrow afternoon.  I have taught him to cook a few meals, as I am away for at least one week every month.  His options are quite limited though, and the least I can do is prepare a chicken to get him through a couple of days.
    
But first, time for my pedicure!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I hope you have a lovely time with your mom....

Jacquie said...

There is nothing like 'mama and me' time! Enjoy!

Christine said...

Hi! I found your blog via "Chronicles from Blog Land." I love that you're living in Europe! I did that for a year and it was an amazing experience. You're lucky that your mom is visiting. My parents never visited me, not once the whole time I was overseas. Enjoy the time with her, it's awesome!! I'm not sure where you are at with the band, but I was banded a little over 2 years ago (and reached my Goal Weight) so I've kind of been through it all. If you have any questions, give me a holler!
I'm bookmarking you and will visit again!!!
Christine
www.phoenixrevolution.net

MB said...

Have fun with your mom!

♥ Drazil ♥ said...

So nice that you get to see your mom! Have fun!

Christine said...

I have a blog award for you! check it out!
http://www.phoenixrevolution.net/archives/2221

MandaPanda said...

I love girls' vacays! They're the best and it's nice that you'll have some quality time with your mom. I love the pool but I'm just not a strong enough swimmer to do for exercise.