November 26, 2010-present weight loss




2012 weight loss



Saturday, June 18, 2011

What A Smashing, Positively Dashing Spectacle

   
I survived my first Royal Ascot today.  K and I attended with an expat couple and had a great time.  The races themselves were fun, but the real sport is the people watching.  Dresses and hats and fascinators, oh my!  Gone are the days when Ascot was one of the posh events of the year and people dressed accordingly, poor Audrey Hepburn.  Some rules still exist, and one must dress for the level of ticket one has.  But wowzers, the standards are pretty low.  I didn't have the guts to take photos of the trampy women in horrible dresses waddling around in high heels that didn't fit, but take my word that they were in attendance! 
   
I wanted to share some pics of us and of my fabulous hat.  I love this hat and really enjoyed wearing it!  And for more exciting news, I will no longer be cutting my husband's face out of the pictures I post.  I just told him that I started this blog (though I have not offered up the URL) and asked him if he would be comfortable with his pictures showing up on here.  He was fine with it, so here we go.  And on that note, his name is Kenny.  Now that everyone can see his face, hiding his name seems a bit silly, no? 
   

7 comments:

banded bella said...

I love the hat and am jealous.....big time. I am so glad you had a good time. It's nice to finally get to see K's face.

BTW I love to people watch too and I am sure there was plenty of good people watching going on there.

MB said...

I love your hat!!! And I'm glad you had a good time!

Nora said...

OK, next year I will photograph the trash!

Christine said...

I love your hat! And I love going to the horse races! I live in Saratoga Springs, NY, and we are famous for our horse track (among other things). I love going during "the season" if for nothing else than to watch the hats go by!
Christine
www.phoenioxrevolution.net

Amanda said...

I love LOVE your hat! How much fun!

MandaPanda said...

Fabulous hat! And so nice to finally meet Kenny

Beth Ann said...

Aww...you all are adorable! And the hat is gorgeous!