November 26, 2010-present weight loss




2012 weight loss



Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Quick Recipe

I made one of my favorite, and easiest, fish dinners last night.  It is band-friendly and super tasty.  I prepare fish most nights but hear from my friends that they are afraid of cooking fish and stick with chicken most evenings (boring).  I assume my friends are not alone, so I thought I'd share this way too easy to taste so good recipe.
 
Cod with tomato and cilantro
 
 
 
Ingredients:
4 fillets of cod
1 quart of grape or mini plum tomatoes, halved
1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
3-4 cloves of garlic, chopped, minced or crushed
Flour for dredging
Salt
 
Preparation:
Lightly salt cod fillets and dredge in flour (you can skip the flour, but it helps the fish brown a bit)
Oil pan (I love the Misto) and heat to medium/medium high
Once pan is hot, add cod fillets
Cook for about 4 minutes on one side- cod should brown slightly
Flip fillets, add garlic to pan, then add tomatoes and sprinkle cilantro on top
Lower heat slightly and cover pan for 4-5 minutes, until fillets are fully cooked (by covering pan, tomatoes should give off enough liquid to have a little sauce)
Salt as necessary and serve.
 
Side dish suggestion:
 
Sauteed zucchini and onion with crushed red pepper
 
 
Yum!

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Hi Nora! I'm new to your blog, by way of Catherine's blog. I'm two months out from VSG surgery and am really pleased with my outcome thus far. I'm sure I'll enjoy following your travels and your progress as you work your band!

We love fish too, and my favorite way to prepare it is with chorizo. http://www.marthastewart.com/343537/pizza-of-roasted-cod-spiked-with-chorizo

Nora said...

Hi Taylor. Thanks for stopping by and visiting... feel free to share my blog/link if you'd like. It looks like you are doing well post-VSG- already 45 pounds! Good luck on your journey (and thanks for the recipe).