November 26, 2010-present weight loss




2012 weight loss



Tuesday, June 14, 2011

My Loss Might Be Your Gain

Yesterday I disclosed that I have a bit of a shopping problem.  I still question whether it can be called a 'problem' when it feels SOOOO good, but I digress.  Much of my clothing is now too big on me, and during one evening in Portugal mom saw parts of me that hadn't been on display to her in about 30 years.  It is finally time to clean out my closet, and I hope that my loss of both weight and clothing can be someone's gain.  
 
So far I have come up with 21 dresses (sizes 20W and 22W) that I'd like to pass on, 2 pairs of fantastic JAG jeans (both with tags still on, size 20W), a bunch of skirts (many are linen and are 20W), and some khakis, etc. (size 20W and 22W).  All of these pieces are in London, but I'd happily fly them home next week and ship out on or before June 28 when I return to London.  I don't want to post pictures of everything, but below is a sampling.  Please pardon the big box over my husband's face.  He is so cute that I'd love to show him off, but I feel that I shouldn't out him quite yet. 
 
Donna Ricco



I also have a dress very similar to the below in navy blue, black and red (I love the little pleats)

David Meister- note the detailing at the waist



Calvin Klein- drawstring waist

I have this dress in the 3/4 sleeve (shown) and short sleeve
 
There is also the white dress (posted 2 weeks ago), but I don't want to repost.  I could go on and on with posting pics, but the above sample enough for people to say, 'yeah, I like her style' or 'hell no, not for me'.
 
Does anyone out there need clothing in these sizes?  If any of you have fellow bloggers or friends who could benefit from my loot, please pass my info along.  For bloggers who have done dress sharing previously, is there a better or more efficient way for me to be doing this? 

11 comments:

Christine said...

I've done the clothing sharing thing via postal mail before too. It's nice, but very very expensive. I asked people to click on my Google Ads a few times to offset some of the costs a bit (which a few did, but most people did not). In retrospect I think I should have given them away locally and saved myself some money.

banded bella said...

I just found you blog. I was banded March 31 2011 and am down 43 pounds and in a 22 right now but will be in a 20 soon. If you decide to send your beautiful dresses out I would gladly wear them. I am banded Bella at mayoroffrumpyville.blogspot.com. I love to travel and will jeep checking your blog to follow your progress. Thanks.

Jacquie said...

Are you married to the Unknown Comic? Too funny.

Jen said...

I love your style and it's so kind of you to offer this. I'd love the jeans if they are still available. I'm currently wearing size 22 Levis. Is that comparable you think? I'm 5'7 and a curvy fit. I'd be happy to pay shipping.

Thanks!
jen

Anonymous said...

Oh that is so sweet of you, Nora!! I am currrently in a size 20/22 and I love dresses!! I have some 16/18 jeans and skirts, if you are interested in swapping. :)

Catherine55 said...

Hi! I sent away a ton of clothing through the past 2 years, and the one thing I wish I would have done was to sew a tag in the clothes so that people would know it came through me and the "Sisterhood of the Traveling Clothes."

Some of my clothes have changed hands four or five times now, and it would have been fun if people knew to tell me when they got them.. so maybe think about a label? Also, it's fun when people send you photos of themselves wearing your clothes. :)

Nora said...

Great call on the label idea, Catherine. I just ordered them. They take a long time to come in, so it won't help for this round... but there will be many more clothing shipments to come.

Andrea said...

I think that people would be happy to pay the shipping costs for free clothes! If you have a Paypal account people could just send you the cost of shipping? I think this is great that everyone does this and I can't wait to have clothes to start giving away!

~*Dawn*~ said...

I would interested in any dresses tha thave sleeves (I very unattractive upper arms), capris, and skirts. I am currently in 20W/22W. I'm 5'4'' so I can't do real long. I'd gladly pay shipping. My email is dawnhudd83@gmail.com.

DiZneDiVa said...

Hey, I just started following your blog... I found your link on the BOOBS blog. I love to travel too and I am looking forward to reading further. I am on a weight loss journey as well, and I had a lapband installed on March 23rd, 2010. *Maria*-DiZneDiVa:Blogger from "This One Time at BAND Camp..."~1 vs 300 Follow my journey at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com

Heather said...

I'm a 22 and bottoms and / or dresses would be VERY welcome. Especially anything flattering to the lower tummy area :) I think Andrea's idea of paying shipping costs is a great one so I'd be happy to do that. Just let me know. heatheranngray@yahoo.com Send me your email if you still have stuff and I can send you my address.

I ditched all my stuff when I lost weight, but haven't lost more (yet) so now I'm without many clothes!

Thanks!!!!!
Heather